Robotic Process Automation
GM Robotic Process Automation solution
GMs Robotics Process Automation solutions delivers cost optimizations and efficiency gains through the application of e.g. rules-based automation scripts to optimize key repetitive tasks and business processes commonly performed by end users.
The goal is to reduce time spent on manual labor, change the work routine to new and relevant non-repetitive business tasks and improve work accuracy and productivity.
Robotic Process Automation overview
RPA software ‘robots’ perform routine business processes by mimicking the way that people interact with applications through a user interface and following simple rules to make decisions. Entire end-to-end processes can be performed by software robots with very little human interaction, typically to manage exceptions.
Robotics and automation in back-office business processes is an emerging form of business process automation using software with AI and machine learning capabilities to handle high-volume, repeatable tasks that previously required humans to perform. These tasks can include queries, calculations, maintenance of records and transactions.
- Enables employees to be more productive
- Provides improved efficiency by digitizing and auditing process data
- Allows processes to be completed more rapidly
- Enables better customer care
- Repetitive business or system processes in the organisation
- Input or data that’s entered and prone to error
- For organizations that have processes that are impacted by strict rules
- Companies with time critical and seasonal types of work
Clarify business tasks and requirements
Develop action plan
Deployment of unattended agents to the development/QA environment
Simulation/replicating of human being actions interacting with the user interface
Support: maintenance, review and assessment
Automation of user guide creation (using Click Learn).
MS Flow implementation
MS PowerShell implementation
Requirement Driven Development
- Requirement Driven Development
- Think broad
64 percent–organizatioans that have embarked on the RPA journey have RPA as either an enterprise-wide or strategic initiative.
- Think big
Those implementing at scale believe their digital workforce will exceed their human workforce in terms of delivery capacity, for administrative and repetitive tasks.
- Think benefits…and beyond cost reduction
Our experience with implementing RPA is that top line and productivity benefits can outstrip cost benefits.
- There must be a focus on PPP
The top challenges for those who had implemented and scaled RPA include, in order:
Set up the PPP standards (policies, processes and procedures)
IT buy-in and support
Integration and flexibility of solution
Stakeholder buy-in and expectations Employee impact
- FlexRule RPA
- ALTEN Calsoft Labs
- UiPath: Industry leader in RPA in designing most advanced automation platform. Suited to any size of business.
- Blue Prism: Blue Prism Group, a UK multinational software company makes RPA software to eliminate low-return, high-risk, manual data entry and processing work.
- Automation Anyware: RPA software developer and with its product “Automation Anywhere” caters to deploy digital workforce consisting of software bots that complete business processes end-to-end.
- Robotic Desktop Automation: Robotic automation is software automating software. Automating essential business transactions through Robotic Process Automation (RPA) or optimizing the way workforce works with is Robotic Desktop Automation (RDA)
- Workfusion Intelligence: Specialized in AI, cognitive automation, digital workforce, cloud sourcing and agile technologies.
- Backline: Cloud-based software to help businesses manage their quarterly financial reports.
- Datamatics: Use iBots which is a family of intelligent robots for improved business efficiency and accuracy.